Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Disney drops Narnia films


Apparently Disney has decided not to continue co-producing and co-financing future Narnia films. Disney has declined to give an official statement as to the reasons, but poor box office results for Prince Caspian may be one of the reasons. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe took in $292 million domestic and $453 million internationally, while Prince Caspian only took in $141 million domestic and 278$ internationally. So, the fate of future movies based on C.S. Lewis' classic novels is now up in the air. I, for one, hope another studio picks up the final 5 books and finishes the series, as The Chronicles of Narnia are some of my favorite books. But, if another studio does pick them up, I hope they don't mess to much with what's already been done and end up ruining the rest of them.

Do you want to see the final books made into films?

Image and News Source G4's The Feed

END POST

1 comment:

Calan said...

I do and I don't. On one hand they're great books and the movies are a fun time, but I'm not sure that the "magic" of the books translates so well into the movies.

I know that in Prince Caspian, about halfway or 3/4 of the way through, my girlfriend was left saying "I'm bored... how much longer?" which wasn't a good sign. Shrug.

Disclaimer

If you follow any links or advertisements to online stores found on this site I earn a small commission.