Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Local Japanese Restraunts


Decide to eat dinner at one of the three sushi bar's we have here where I live for dinner today. The name of the place is Samurai, and as you can see Kagami wanted to come along to. I ordered the miso soup to start with. It was really good, and much better than the instant stuff I bought from Wal-mart. If you ever get a chance to try real miso soup then I recommend you do.


Next was fried soft shell crab. It was good, but the sauce they put it overpowered the taste of the crab.


Last I had their Sushi Combination, which is a california roll, and 7 pieces of sushi selected by the chef. I also ordered eel nigri, which is the two dark pieces of sushi at the top right of the plate. This was my first time having eel anything, and I have to say it was probably the best tasting item I had there. Next time I go I will defiantly get the eel again. They also have an entree that features eel, so I might try that next time I go. As for the other sushi, I'm not sure what's what except for the octopus, which is very tough to chew. I think the piece at the far left is Yellowfin. Maybe, I should of asked the waitress, since I was planning to blog about my visit there.

Overall the meal was pretty good, and Kagami had a good time to. Konata was kind of upset I didn't take her, but after how she treated Kagami, and Tsukasa at her part time job I think they deserved a trip out more than her.

Next time I eat out like this, I plan to visit one of the other sushi bars, place called Kyoto. I have never eaten there, so want to see how good they are. Are there any sushi, or Japanese restaurants in your area? How good are they?

END POST



Disclaimer

If you follow any links or advertisements to online stores found on this site I earn a small commission.